DevOps Engineer (m|f|d)
The ExB Group is active in AI research and software development and employs more than 60 researchers, developers and designers in Munich and Leipzig. As one of the pioneers in cognitive computing, we specialize in adaptive software for large-scale processing and analysis of unstructured and structured text and image data.
Our goal is to create the ultimate “Verstehmaschine”: a cognitive system that sets new standards in machine learning and opens up new perspectives for many industries in automated knowledge and document processing.
About the position
ExB’s infrastructure team manages the heterogeneous server landscape on-premises and in the cloud (local data center & AWS). Together with us, you are responsible for guaranteeing the availability of our containerized service landscape. We work with current technologies such as Ceph or Kubernetes/OpenShift. We see ourselves as an interface between hardware and our Scrum teams and act across teams.
Within the infrastructure team you will work with experienced and motivated colleagues. The work is based on close cooperation, open and direct communication and a good mood.
- Set up of the CI/CD chain
- Planning, creation and execution of acceptance tests
- Manage the deployments of our platform services in these environments
- Develop and deploy tools to monitor and maintain our deployment infrastructure in close collaboration with our platform team
- 2+ years of professional experience in the operation of container systems
- Experience with build systems (general) incl. remote caching / execution, preferably based on Maven and Bazel for the implementation of a CI/CD chain
- Knowledge of service models such as PaaS, IaaS and CaaS in cloud computing and their individual usage scenarios
- You know cloud deployment management tools like Openshift, Kubernetes and Docker
- While providing services with Cloud Providers (AWS) you benefit from your strengths
- You enjoy working in a team and are very communicative
- Good knowledge of German and English are required
- Ideally, you already have experience in cloud storage technologies (Ceph, Software Defined Storage (SDS))
- At best you know how to handle relational databases (Apache Cassandra)
- You have experience with deployment automation tools (Ansible, Chef)
- You are fit in the use of Elastic Stack (ELK) for monitoring purposes
Benefits of working with ExB
- Extraordinary, challenging tasks in cooperation with a well-coordinated team
- Freedom in the design of the tasks along your own skills and interests
- Possibility to quickly expand knowledge and skills in the field of artificial intelligence and thus invest in our own future as well as help shaping our corporate development
- Flexible working hours in combination with home office option
- Possibilities for individual workplace design
You are fascinated by artificial intelligence and want to contribute as DevOps Engineer to the success of ExB?
Then we are looking forward to your application – and to meet you!
After we have received your CV, we will get back to you with feedback. One or two telephone interviews are part of our multi-level application process, in which you can learn more about ExB and give us an insight into your career path, your motivation and your way of working. In the next step we invite you to a personal interview with your future team to discuss the professional tasks and possibilities of growth and development. Finally, there will be an interview, devoted to contract negotiations.